DETAILS AND FEATURES SUMMARY
MIDDLE COTTAGE, at
LLANMADOC, NORTH WEST GOWER, WALES
- Two bedroom, three beds, enclosed garden, off road private dedicated parking at rear (2 cars)
- Free reliable dedicated Super Fast BT Broadband WIFI (around 45 MBPS) - only used by you (password supplied at arrival or found on router)
- Quality Panasonic LED TV with SKY/BT Sports HD packages already in place for you to enjoy
- Dog secure fenced garden
- Off road safe private parking at the rear
- All bedding and towels provided in this price
- SMEG Washing machine (8kg) and Separate SMEG Tumbler installed March 2015.
- Bosch Dishwasher in kitchen.
- SMEG 'Concert' 900mm wide Range Cooker with twin oven, ceramic top (twin grills in ovens) - new July 2015
- Panasonic Microwave Oven (large high quality).
- Worcester Combi Central Heating and instant endless Hot Water (you get to decide when you get the heating on)
- Log burner in main lounge (for the full country cottage effect !) with logs provided free of charge
- 7 mins walk to pub (The Britannia Inn) with great food
- 25 mins walk to beach (can be done faster if you walk at a decent pace)
- Drive anywhere in Gower in 25 mins
- 1 mins (30 yards) walk to friendly village shop
- Right on the bus routes to travel around Gower (bus stop is just outside)
- No 'penny pinching' extras charged for (no meters etc)
- Walk to beaches and cliff tops in around 20-30 mins
- A lovely location/position for a holiday break.
- Situated right in the heart of the rural and coastal village of Llanmadoc, close to Cwm Ivy National Trust walks, Nature Reserves, coastal limestone valleys and woodland, spectacular hilltops with sweeping views over Gower and beyond and four miles of shallow sandy beaches backed by dunes, rising rocky cliff walks and farmland.
- Just a mile or two away from the most touristy and sometimes congested areas of Gower Peninsula (Langland and Caswell, Oxwich, Rhosilli, Llangennith and Port Eynon) but close enough to visit all of them.
- Helpful, relaxed, friendly, informative host guests living next door at Gower Cottage. We leave out guests get on with it unless you need something.
- Cottage sleeps five in two bedrooms in comfort e.g. would suit a family of five or less, or two couples. 2 bedrooms, Three beds including: Bedroom 1 - Kingsize bed. Bedroom 2 - one single bed and one 4ft [threequarter] bed.
- Dining room with a table, six chairs, and bookcase and CD player & DAB radio, and an armchair.
- Two John Lewis brass reading lamps (stem adjustable types) one in the lounge and one in the dining room.
- Dog proof "fenced in" rear garden. Three sets of gates and fences to exit from the rear to ensure dogs do not escape and run off!!
- A High Definition SKY + 'Planner' Box and full HD subscription plus BT Sports; a Panasonic Blue-Ray DVD player (plays both Blue Ray and DVDs), 37" LED Flatscreen Panasonic TV, with SKY Movies and Sky Sports HD - and BT Sports HD so just relax and watch movies, F1 racing, the golf, rugby football, tennis or cricket - you're on holiday!
- Your own BT bespoke Superfast WIFI broadband on site. (Bring the laptop) Password in guest pack.
- Master Bedroom also has Toshiba TV with freeview and in-built DVD player (as well as DAB radio alarm).
- Flagstone Cotswold style floor in buff stone. (With some rugs to soften the flooring up).
- Downstairs bathroom, with electric shower over an enameled steel bath, sink and WC. (also includes a washing machine). Tumble dryer is in the kitchen.
- Worcester/Bosch Heatstar Greenslave 18/25 Combi Boiler Central Heating system for constant hot water for nice candle lit bath after a long day walking! Heat the cottage as much as you like!
- Large 6ft high Hotpoint frost free larder fridge / freezer (three large freezer compartments).
- Minor but helpful extras such as salt/pepper, t-towels, j-cloths/wipes, towels, bedding, kitchen roll, toilet roll, cleaning liquids etc. all provided, fully inclusive.
- 7-8 mins walk (250 yards) to the local real ale pub and excellent pub food / Sunday lunches
- 20-30mins walking distance to the beach/woods depending how fast you walk. STEEP LANE!
- Middle Cottage has some limited views of the sea from bedrooms.
- Only 10-12 mins drive to other beaches at Port Eynon or Horton, Oxwich Bay or Llangennith (great surfing), 15 mins to Three Cliffs Bay or 20 mins by car to Caswell, Langland.
- Quality bed linen provided
- Available to let all year round - 12 months and short breaks / weekends
- Short breaks for 3/4 nights available Nov-Feb incl. (Either Sat-Tues or Tues to Sat)
- Arrivals after 4pm, departures 10.30am
- Sorry but no smoking inside - but welcome to smoke on patio/in gardens
- Quality large Panasonic microwave oven (not integral grill thus is easy to clean)
- Ironing board and iron, hairdryers
- Quality pots and pans and decent quality Denby crockery
- Electric/gas, cleaning materials/toilet roll etc obviously included in the price
- Lounge sits 5-6 comfortably on three brown or cream leather sofas
- Free logs for the log fire are provided for sensible use by guests.
- Parking at the rear of the cottage in bespoke Middle Cottage car park (graveled area) - for at least 2 cars. (Farm Gate closes at extreme exit to the tarmac road behind).
- 2 mins walk out of back gate to the Village shop, 10 mins drive to Knelston petrol station and bakery/shop/PO.
Two bedroomed traditional 1880's link stone cottage on idyllic village green, walk to pub and shop.
Consists of :-
Multi-fuel log-burner with free logs
Two bedrooms containing three beds
Bedroom 1 - kingsize bed - with Toshiba TV and built in DVD
Bedroom 2 - 4ft bed, & single bed
All beds with DAB digital radios and bedside tables/lamps
BATHROOM (NB Bathroom is on ground floor)
White Enamel bath with electric shower over, plus mixer shower head
Full size dishwasher (Bosch)
Decent quality crockery and pans
Many kitchen accessories / Microwave oven
Washing machine & separate dryer (SMEG) .
SMEG Concert 900mm wide electric cooker, with ceramic hob, and 2 electric convection ovens.
Worcester Bosch condenser Combi-boiler (guests control on/off/timer) with same or next day guaranteed emergency repair service contract covered by Worcester Bosch should it ever fail.
Hotpoint frost free Fridge-freezer (very large size)
Usual stuff such as toaster and kettle, microwave, steamer, etc
Some tea/coffee provided
DINING ROOM (11x8) cosy but large enough
Table seats 4
Farmhouse style dresser
Small CD Player and CDs
Stone fireplace (ornamental)
Understairs cupboard with storage
Rear enclosed garden with patio, table and chairs. New patio laid 2015 "Ripon Stone" many fruit trees and lavendars in garden borders (Photos on website are a bit out of date)
Quaint cottage front garden overlooking the village green (bench seat)
100% Dog proof garden - additional layers of secure gates and wooden fencing installed in 2013 to make sure.
At rear of property, in rear garden parking gravel area. Drive into rear garden entrance gate, off Catchpool Lane, then after parking enter into a small wooden gate into rear of property. (Unload/load at front of cottage straight into front door). Off road parking at the rear – Middle Cottage has its own well signed farm gate rear entrance, which leads to a gate and gravel path down into Middle Cottage back garden. As an unavoidable condition of staying at Middle Cottage, you are asked not to park on the front road other than for loading and unloading your gear - because of the need for the rural bus to undertake three-point turns. Therefore it would be appreciated if you would kindly park at the rear after unloading, thank you in advance !!